D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Required Reading for All Net Cops.....

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Those things were cool!

I had a classmate in grade school (60's) whose dad owned a couple
radio stations. And I rememeber touring the place and they had one of
those things going 24/7 .

That was a direct hookup to UPI and it would sit there and chucg along,
then in came the news. and it would take off typing and chugging at the
same time.

I thought it was magic! At that time, I couldn't figure out how a
semi-mechanical typewriter could work over a telephone line.

D.Duck wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"

wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:23:15 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Here's a pictu

http://home.arcor.de/ccmuseum/oldtimer/teletype.jpg

My first job out of college was at Teletype Corp in 1964. First assignment
was manufacturing engineering on the M35/33/32 product line. Shortly after
that began analog design work on subsequent Teletype products beginning with
the M40.