posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.building
Larry Larry is offline

Default WiFi at Sea (technical, sorry)

Wayne.B wrote in
:

It doesn't look like it has an antenna jack. That could turn it into
a very useful device on my boat.

It doesn't. The antenna is a swing up that goes from parallel with the
long side of the case for mounting vertically to perpendicular to the long
side for laying down on some surface. There is an ethernet port next to
the antenna connector, but that's for direct control through its software,
which I haven't found necessary, yet. I just push the button on the side
when I get to a new location, and it finds LIVE internet on open systems.

--
http://www.epic.org/privacy/rfid/verichip.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip