posted to rec.boats.electronics
Shaun Van Poecke Shaun Van Poecke is offline

Default motor w/alternator vs. generator with charger vs.?

do you think you'd
get more charging amps by hooking up a generator to a charger

Doesn't matter. As I told you in another thread, batteries won't charge
at
400A for 5 minutes, no matter what you do. Charging happends SLOWLY over
HOURS...a SLOW chemical process that cannot be dreamed faster.....

Thanks Larry,
I was actually listening the first time you said it, but its nice to have it
reinforced ;-)

Taking a different approach then, If you were looking for usable amps for
immediate consumption, say, to run a big electric motor, or many big
electric motors ..... do you think youd get more bang for your buck with a
big generator, or with a big stationary motor hooked up to a bunch of
alternators?