posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.crafts.knots

Default Can anyone ID this knot?

As for the hitch inside the boom http://i17.tinypic.com/2mm6z9z.jpg
I'll be the first one. I am sure that if I am wrong I will be corrected by
some of the old timers.

I cannot see too deep inside the boom. With what I am able to see at the
end of the boom this knot resembles a
"Bowline on a bight". Some time I use it when a rope is too long and I do
not want to cut it but rather shortening it
See the following link and tell me what you think?
http://www.animatedknots.com/bowline... tedknots.com

"BarelyAwake" wrote in message
This hitch is on the inside of the boom of my boat. I know some basic
sailing knots, and I tried find this in a book of knots, but I don't
recognize this one. Can someone identify it?

The 2 links are to photos showing both the front and back sides of the
hitch, still tied up inside the boom.

http://i17.tinypic.com/2mm6z9z.jpg

http://i12.tinypic.com/2ypey3a.jpg

TIA for any assistance.