KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Interesting Lead Acid Battery facts

"Larry" wrote in message
"roger lothoz" wrote in
:

Because all of us would not have enough time in our life to experiment
all brands of batteries available on the market place. I would suggest
to express individual experiences.
Would it be a good idea?

AS there is really no difference in the CHEMISTRY of the lead-acid
battery,
does it really make any difference who makes the same ol' technology we've
always used?

I think not.

Sales hype and outrageous pricing doesn't change chemistry, much....not
that much.

I may come to regret the decision, but I have decided that, this spring,
Escapade will be outfitted with a Rolls 12MD-375M battery. Should a single
cell fail (unlikely), I can replace that cell. With proper maintenance, I
can expect a minimum of 10 years service, and as much as 20. It's warrantied
for at least 7 years. And its modular construction makes it so much easier
for me to install and/or remove for winter lay-up. There's much more to
battery construction than just chemistry.

Karin