pontoonjimmy pontoonjimmy is offline

Default Need new GPS/Chartplotter

Yes it has alarms for arrival, shallow water, low battery, water temp,
of course fish, you can save current track, favorite spots, nautical
miles or staute miles, set the sensitivity fish dectection,set goto
point and it plots the path to it but it does it in a straight line
but if you have some tricky navigating to do you can always plot your
path to key way points, back ground colors of white blue and black. I
like being able to switch between black background for night time
fishing and navigating and white. The black does not screw with your
eyes . All in all it’s a good little unit. I am sure there is better
ones out there but I am not to sure if they can compete on price vs.
features. There is one on ebay right now but the price higher then I
paid but at least it gives you a look. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hummingbird-...QQcmdZViewItem

Jimmy

"Josh Assing" wrote:
Dang !!! that's a good price

does it have alarms for arrival, proximity, shallow water &
anchor drag?

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:25:06 GMT, pontoonjimmy
wrote:

I have a hummingbird 383c combo that I like a lot. I bought

it off
eBay brand new for around $375.00 and it has been a good

little unit
for me. I have a pontoon so my consol is not very big and I

required
a smaller screen to fit but it is color, has dual beams, real

time
adjustable window, split screen, you can set way points, and

is just
full of features for the price.

"Josh Assing" wrote:
My GPS was stolen off the boat; so I need to replace it.

What's an inexpsnive unit that includes depth (fishfinder
type mode ok) and
speed-over-water? Wouldn't mind water temp too; but

that's
only for curiosity
sake. Alarms: near arrival point; anchor drag, depth

Color unit is prefered, but B&W is ok to save a few bucks.

Thanks for you thoughts
-j

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.