Anders Lassen

Default Propeller rotation - important?

Hi,

Recently my propeller threw off a blade. I ordered a new propeller from
Michigan and today it arrived.

BUT - my local dealer made a mistake: He ordered a right-hand propeller -
but the old one was a left hand rotation!

I just waited for four weeks - and really wouldn't like waiting another four
weeks for another to arrive. So here's my question: Is it possible to
reverse the direction of the transmission instead so I don't have to change
the propeller? The engine is a Yanmar 6LP-STE and the transmission is a
Hurth/ZF.

And: Should I do it? I mean - Is there any drawbacks in changing rotation?

Anders
Denmark