JohnH

Default destroying my beautiful new boat

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 02:17:17 GMT, "Jesse Dinkin" wrote:

My wife and I bought a boat this season and having never owned or driven a
boat before, I've been learning to drive it. But in the meantime, I've done
my level best to "destroy" it by running into docks trying to park it etc.
We keep it on a manmade lake that the state regulates the depth of......so
there are parts that are very shallow and they get even shallower as the
season goes on......tonight we went out for a ride and I ran over either
some rocks or a log or something.....I don't know how much damage I
did......what is the worst case.....that could be.....could I have damaged
the fiberglass???? if so can it be repaired........last weekend I tried to
back the boat up to a small sandy island because that's what everyone else
does......and I ended up with the propeller stuck in the sand.....could that
have damaged the propeller or the mechanism......As you can see I know
nothing about boats or anything mechanical........I'm not sure that the trim
is going all the way up......If anyone can shed some light on this, I would
be very appreciative.......
by the way the boat is an I/O 18 ft SeaRay......

Jesse, I think you'd be much better off if you simply removed the propeller. You
don't need one. Just launch the boat, sit in it a while (with your life vests
on), and then get out and go home.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD