Jack Dale Jack Dale is offline

Default Australian customs flaw

On 28 Dec 2006 08:55:18 -0800, wrote:

A similar example would be the scenario where Canadian residents cannot
bring US rented cars into Canada, on the grounds that Canadians taxes
and duties have not been paid on those cars. A Canadian resident from
Halifax, Nova Scotia might be visiting Seattle, Washington, 5000 km
away in the western US. If he decided to rent a car in the US and make
a two hour drive to Vancouver, Briitsh Columbia, he would be stopped at
the border by Canada Customs and told that he couldn't bring that car
in with him.

As a Canadian, I may not charter a sailboat in Anacortes (Washington)
and bring it into the Gulf Islands (British Columbia). If I owned a
US registered boat, I may not bring it into Canada.

Jack

Jack Dale
ISPA Yachtmaster Offshore Instructor
CYA Advanced Cruising Instructor