posted to rec.boats.building
NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default King Starboard for backing plate material .. under stanchion bases question

Gordon ,, that idea of the cut up cutting board ?? Pretty good. I wonder
what thickness the cutting board material is?

Probably 1/2" anyway,, right?

"Gordon" wrote in message
NE Sailboat wrote:
Dave ,, I got a couple of numbers of sheet metal shops in the Dover area.
I will give them a call. The aluminum idea seems like a plan. Light,
easy to drill, will provide strength. If I can get the metal shop to cut
it to the right size ?? They should do that, I would think.

"Dave W" wrote in message
You can get brass in any junk yard. Cutting is easy, drilling is easy.
I know, it will not stand up to being submerged in sea water..... If
your stantion bases are that wet, you need more than new backup plates.
DAve in Maine

or go to WallyWorld and buy a plastic kitchen cutting board
cut and drill to size.