posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.building,alt.internet.wireless
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default WiFi at Sea (technical, sorry)

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:54:26 -0500, "Ansley W. Sawyer"
wrote:

Have you looked at the Inscape Data Corp CB54E?

I am considering it for the top of my mast.

I looked at the specs and it seems interesting but I have not yet
tried one or heard of any first hand reports.

The key with all of these ethernet units is the quality of the
internal firmware which performs the network scan function and allows
you to select/configure an access point. It is especially important
that you can select by MAC address in addition to SSID because there
are a lot of duplicate SSIDs in some harbors.