posted to rec.boats.building
NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default King Starboard for backing plate material .. under stanchion bases question

Dave ,, I got a couple of numbers of sheet metal shops in the Dover area. I
will give them a call. The aluminum idea seems like a plan. Light, easy to
drill, will provide strength. If I can get the metal shop to cut it to the
right size ?? They should do that, I would think.

"Dave W" wrote in message
You can get brass in any junk yard. Cutting is easy, drilling is easy. I
know, it will not stand up to being submerged in sea water..... If your
stantion bases are that wet, you need more than new backup plates.
DAve in Maine