posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Conlin Jim Conlin is offline

Default King Starboard for backing plate material .. under stanchion bases question

I'd prefer 1/4" aluminum plate or maybe even 1/4" G-10 glass-epoxy laminate.

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Planning for spring. I will rebed my stanchion bases. Under the deck,

the
backing is a thin piece of fiberglass. I would like to give the bases a

bit
more support. I came across the material Starboard.

It says that I can cut it just like wood, but that it does not rot. What
about compression?

Could I use some small pieces of this as backing plate material for my
stanchion bases?