posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] bilh@pd.jaring.my is offline

Default SSB noise

krj wrote:

Actually, after several emails and info from Glenn Ashmore, I found that
Danfoss makes a shielded version of the controller with ferrite isolated
leads that will eliminate the noise. Gordon West was full of bs in the
article about the noise eminating from the digital thermostat. I
disconnected it and put in a manual one, the noise was still there.
krj

Did Gordon West identify the digital thermostat as the source?

In my reading of his article and in his recommendations, which I
summarised earlier in this thread, he focuses on the controller and the
compressor - all his recommended actions are about shielding the
controller and placing ferrite chokes on its connecting wires.

And that's exactly what you get if you manage to find the shielded
Danfoss controller (which seems quite hard to find - I've seen it
listed in catalogs but never seen a live one.

Cheers

Bil