posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.internet.wireless
trailgalore trailgalore is offline

Default Internet on board

Ansley W. Sawyer wrote:
I would like some advice from those of you who have some experience with
internet on board your vessels. I am considering placing an Inscape Data
CB54E bridge at the top of my mizzen with an OA15 db antenna. It will by
powered thru the cat5 with a junction in the waterproof box at the foot
of
the mast that houses the radar cable junction. The cat5 will then be
routed
to the nav station.

Currently my internet connectivity is just thru the laptop's wifi card
and
there are very few places that it is strong enough to use.

your antenna.of great distances, and I'd think you'd want the injector at a
convenient AC location...

Are you aware of TracNet?