posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.building,alt.internet.wireless
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default WiFi at Sea (technical, sorry)

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:17:24 +0000, Ian Malcolm
wrote:

If you are goint to take this to a new thread I suggest dropping r.b.b
and *possibly* r.b.c due to the extremely technical content and tenuous
connection with boating.

I disagree with that advice.

There are *many* of us doing serious cruising and looking for ways to
enhance our internet WiFi connectivity. Skip is well into the
advanced course with what he is trying to do, and I for one follow his
networking adventures with great interest.

I think your recommendation to try and connect without the Vonage
router is a good suggestion towards isolating the problem.