Cap'n Ric Cap'n Ric is offline

Default Best Navigation Software?

I have Chart Navigator Pro and Garmin's Mapsource and really cannot
recommend either one. They are both useful for planning a trip but I would
not use either one as my primary electronic navigation system. I'll stick
with the onboard RayMarine integrated system. Mapsource is useful in
downloading maps and charts to a Garmin handheld GPS or building custom
microSD chips for the GPS.

Cap'n Ric
S/V Sezaneh
2003 Beneteau 473

"OrvilNewton" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know that this has been discussed before but search results show that
the last time it came up here was a year ago and this stuff changes
pretty rapidly.

The last I used was DOS based so I haven't a clue what's out there now.
Thought I'd farm the wisdom of the group. I'll be running it on a
Dell Latitude D800.

Thanks

Chuck
http://americanvega.org