Larry Larry is offline

Default FCC drops morse code requirement for all HAM licenses

"Mark R." wrote in news:1166597141.744688.9730@
73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com:

In Feburary I will need to submit my temporary general certificate and
the FCC will upgrade it to full General status.

I never would have done this if I had to learn code. I thank who ever
had the idea to give it the heave ho.

-Mark

Congratulations, Mark! Welcome to ham radio! I'm an old ham, but also
hate code. They didn't make me ride a horse before giving me my drivers
test...same idea. Ham radio has been dying of "old age" for a couple of
decades, now. I'm hoping we can save it by stopping this "keep 'em off
my bands by making them learn Morse" mentality the old fogies at ARRL
have used from the 30's to keep ham radio for themselves.

Ok, now, GET BACK TO WORK ON THE EXTRA TEST! When I see your call come
out on www.qrz.com, I wanna see EXTRA, not General in that block! Don't
disappoint me, ok?

73 DE W4CSC/MM2
Larry
I was 11 when I got mine....er, ah, back in 1957....
It's been a helluva ride!
Take a look at what 70,000 watts on 40 meters does to a big insulator.
Put my ham call into the call search box at www.qrz.com. Every ham radio
operator's real information is exposed for all to see....even your
birthdate! How embarrassing...(c;

Had breakfast with an old friend this morning. He got HIS license in
1934 from the "new" FCC!