Mark R. Mark R. is offline

Default FCC drops morse code requirement for all HAM licenses

On Saturday, I read about the code requirement being dropped. I have
an SSB on the boat, but my marine license greatly restricts what I can
do with it (no weather nets or email). So based on some advise I found
on the internet, I downloaded the test and answers and studied only the
answers ( it is a multi choice test) for 2 days. Tonight I'm excited
to say, I passed both the technician and general tests.

In Feburary I will need to submit my temporary general certificate and
the FCC will upgrade it to full General status.

I never would have done this if I had to learn code. I thank who ever
had the idea to give it the heave ho.

-Mark