Woodsy Woodsy is offline

Default Dreaming and the basics of how to start

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:02:03 -0700, Paul Cassel
wrote:

Woodsy wrote:

Master plumber. the odd diesel mechanics,gas engine,small engine,etc
classes as continuing education, off the grid for over a decade in
recent past, worked in the weight test and rigging, sail loft on a
tender. B'osun. I own an O-Scope! And a pile of tools I can make a
living off of. Humm, maybe this cheap thing could work. That monster
cat on yacht world looks better and better. Deck crane, pull your
engine and meet you in Tahiti, drop it back in rebuilt. How many cans
of universal refrigerant before you violate a law?

I don't know what a sail loft is doing on a tender, but it seems to me
that you have some skills. The reefer and the diesel will stand you in
good stead making a cash living. Don't fret the laws. We're afloat.

Sail loft made canvas for anything, convert a Destroyer into the
silhouette of a tanker, cover the decks, made a lot of canvas day
bags!

I don't see a lot of positives with a broker.
What makes them desirable, and what makes a good one?

Most boats are listed with brokers so you will pay the commission one
way or another. If you hire a buying broker, you'll pay no more yet
he'll be looking out for your interests, help you point out things on
the test sail, refer you to surveyors who will find what's wrong so
knock down the price of the boat or let you out of the deal.

I like the idea, just had not thought it thru, lets me concentrate on
other things than the details of purchase, other than reading the
contracts? I take it, like real estate, the commission is split
between the 2 brokers?

-paul

--

Woodsy,
Off the Grid, Off the Road, Off my Rocker...