Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Dreaming and the basics of how to start

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:26:45 -0500, Woodsy wrote:

I don't see a lot of positives with a broker.
What makes them desirable, and what makes a good one?

I think brokers help a lot with price negotiation and making sure that
the deal goes down cleanly.

Most sellers have an inflated view of what their boat is worth. Many
brokers encourage that view in order to get the listing. Succesful
brokers however, also know how to deflate those expectations in the
end game without putting you in an awkward position.

Brokers also act as an escrow agent for holding your deposit until the
surveys and sea trial are successfully completed.

In addition to performing those functions, a good broker will also
know the market very well and give you good advice about specific
types and models of boats.