Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default shortening the draft on a long fin keel...

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:21:17 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Still, it's a big, messy, and dangerous job. I'd focus on that instead of
the results.

That's very true and an important point. I know people who have tried
similar mods and been very disappointed.

The whole wing keel concept was really applicable only to the old
style 12 meter Americas Cup boats because of a design quirk in the
rating rule. As others have pointed out, the best bet for a cruising
boat is something called a scheel keel, or possibly a bulb.

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/jfh/p...AQ/node16.html