KVL KVL is offline

Default shortening the draft on a long fin keel...

Thanks for your support. We're not too concerned with gaining speed,
and as it is now, this model boat isn't that terrific with the way it
sails. Of course we were used a Philip Rhodes - full keel, (that we
still own, but are selling) but we like the interior space of the
Carter for pleasure trips - weekends on the bay and such. This why we'd
like to have shorter draft on it - to access some of the places we
liked going with our Rhodes - which the draft is 4'9".
My husband likes a challenging project... he's a go getter!

Karolina

Roger Long wrote:
As a naval architect, I would say just go ahead and do it. When you look at
the incredible variety of keel sizes and shapes, you'll realize that it is
actually hard to come up with something that flat out won't work. If you
were racing and obsessing about gaining or losing an eighth of a knot in
identical conditions, it would be one thing. The chance that you won't like
the way the boat sails if you do a modification like this half way
intelligently is finite, but small. ETC
--
Roger Long