posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Mik Mik is offline

Default Thinning Epoxy

James wrote:
A while back someone mentioned that you could thin epoxy with acetone.
I need to pour some into some cracks.I'm using System 3 epoxy. Thanks,
Jim

Never tried it successfully, but you can thin the epoxy by warming** it
up to around room temperature (and not more than about 80 degree).
Also, make sure the wood is warm, as this will help the epoxy wick into
the cracks.

**warning** heating epoxy causes it to cure quicker, and thus kick off
more heat.

Also, aggressive brushing can work the epoxy quiter a ways into the cracks.