Ernie

Default Battery Meter

"Eisboch" wrote in message
.. .

"Ernie" wrote in message
Let me clarify my 14.8 situation. I do have a new 90HP Merc outboard

and
battery purchased last June and the battery was fully charged when I got
that reading. Does that justify that type of reading and is there

anything
I can do without pulling the boat out water?

Ernie,

Did you measure 14.8 volts with the engine running or off? If off, for

how
long did the battery sit without running the engine?

I suspect you are going to say you measured it with the engine running.

If
so, that voltage would not surprise me. To put your fears at rest, call

the
dealer or a qualified Merc tech and get an answer from them rather than
listening to us old farts argue about batteries.

Eisboch

You are right. The engine was running. As you suggested, I will call my
qualified Merc tech tomorrow morning to get the right stuff though I suspect
you might be right. Thanks for the information.