Woodsy Woodsy is offline

Default Dreaming and the basics of how to start

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:56:12 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 03:01:16 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

There are a few books about that show how a couple can live very cheaply.

They aren't renting cars, going out the restaurants, etc though.

It is all about the choices one makes.

Yes, and the choice is to live somewhere that resembles a floating
trailer park. Not pretty, and the towns are getting fed up. That
makes it more difficult for the rest of us who maintain our boats and
move on after a few days. This whole notion of being able to cruise
the world on the cheap is a complete myth.

Next fall we would have to do it on the cheap.
10 years from now, not so much.
20 years from now, in style, but we wonder if it would be better to
just go for it, young enough to enjoy the "cleaning of the hull"
I have a dock to tie to in my home port, and intend to move on or
anchor for short periods if the territory strikes me.
Somewhere further in this thread, the TT dock sounds like home!
(and resembles the one I will tie to for a small contribution of $ele$
and some more esoteric contributions for the favor.)
--

Woodsy,
Off the Grid, Off the Road, Off my Rocker...