Larry Larry is offline

Default Dreaming and the basics of how to start

Wayne.B wrote in
:

If you want to park your boat in someone elses backyard or community
then you have an obligation to also be a good neighbor. That means
keeping your boat in respectable condition and observing a few other
social niceties. If you can do that on the cheap, great, but most
people can't. Being a good person is all well and good but not
totally relevant to whether or not you can keep your boat up, and be
regarded as an asset to the community rather than a liability.

One of my favorite pictures I took in the FL ICW north of St Augustine is
of this great Florida Cracker family sitting on their dock in lawn chairs
watching 6 kids jumping into the ICW, screaming and yelling and having a
great time in front of their old mobile home, cluttered with old trucks,
junk and about 8 small boats, 2 of them tied to the dock. Daddy had his
beer in a coozy taking the occasional sip and Mom had a butt hangin' out of
her mouth. Both looked so content.....

Next door was a veritable Spanish-style mansion. There was a 3 car garage,
separate from the main house, a Spanish courtyard with fountain bubbling
away. A perfectly manicured-by-Mexican-Illegals putting green of a lawn
stretched from the main house to the seawall on the ICW. A beautifully-
made dock adorned the seawall, but it looked like noone had ever caught a
fish or dumped out a crab trap on its unused, unweathered surface. Of
course, "House Beautiful" had noone sitting outside enjoying the beautiful
afternoon watching the boats go by, like the next door neighbors. Their
kids must have been at the golf club with the pro spending Daddy's money.

I'll bet Doctor Wonderful would kill those Cracker kids next door if he
thought he could get away with it.....(c;

Daddy Cracker and I exchanged salutes with our coozies as we motored the
Endeavour 35 past his dock... His kids waved, then jumped off the end of
the dock, again, holding their nose....