Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default shortening the draft on a long fin keel...

Karolina,
I can appreciate the requirement. However, you had better do it right or you
will lose all the value in your boat. Please consider a Sheel keel. They are
the answer to your requirement. Properly constructed, with the correct
ballast load schedule and you will have a winner with a 4 foot draft. They
really work exceedingly well. Before doing this contract a qualified naval
architect. It will save untold grief in the end.
Steve

"KVL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
My husband is planning to shorten the draft on our fin keel Carter33'
1972. It draws like 6' now and he plans to take off a foot. Once doing
this, he wants to add a bulb or wings to the sides of the fin to add
the weight back onto it.
If anyone knows of any good sources on the web of others being
successful with this kind of project, please email the links to

Thanks
Karolina