Harry Krause

Default Beautiful Bay Day!

Dan Krueger wrote:

Harry,

You get an "A" for proofreading, but an "F" for identifying a classic
fishing story. I was looking for a bigger fish as I read on, too.

Just back from the Keys. 4-6's with those occasional 8's yesterday.
Good thing we weren't on my boat! We took a charter on a 55' Ocean.
Hard work but some great dolphin fishing!

Dan

Harry Krause wrote:

John H wrote:

If your story was any longer, it would have be a record-setting 30"
croaker. You were chumming for croaker? Worms are best.

I sure miss the Florida fishing.

I only had a ocuple of hours today to fish, found some croakers off
Breezy Point in the Bay about 200 yards off the beach. Used a couple of
bloodworms and some artificial sandworms (which I cut into small pieces)
on quarter-ounced jigheads on my lightest spinning tackle, a pair of
5' Ugly Sticks and Penn 4300ss reels strung with Berkley fireline.

Striper fishing must have been slow where I was, because I saw a couple
of boats swing by trolling fairly heavy rigs. Not that usual as close to
shore as I was .