Larry Larry is offline

Default FCC drops morse code requirement for all HAM licenses

Charlie Morgan wrote in
:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:24:14 -0800, "Tom Dacon"
wrote:

Well, well, well...

When the last of the old-time brass-pounders is gone, Morse code will
disappear from everything but the history books.

RIP

Tom Dacon
AD7AE

Yeah. I'm still bummed that commercial truck drivers are no longer
required to show proficiency driving a team of horses. I'm surprised
horses haven't become extinct as a result.

CWM

Now, we need to change the rules to CONFINE CW transmissions to the bottom
25 Khz of each HF band....to reduce its being used by ****ed off hams as a
JAMMING device for phone and data stations, like it has since the first AM
station came on the air.....

W4CSC