Doug Meredith

Default Follow up

"J.W. Frank" wrote in message
No, it's not another issue, it is THE issue. I will have my boat

fixed
one way or another (another dealer for M has stepped up to the plate),

and I
will probably get rid of it. The issue is that I should never have

had this
problem in the first place. You yourself admit that:

Yes, I do agree with that. Selling the boat because of it is a knee
jerk reaction, IMHO. Unless you want to take a major money hit.

That's the point, and it should continue to be beaten until M changes

their
behavior or stops making defective boats.

I'm not going to try and defend M, but they do not make defective boats.
From year to year its a toss up who is the largest, M or MC. So 3500
boat sales a year means they are doing something right. However, in your
other post, you talk about GM having a problem, and having a recall.
True, BUT GM doesn't take the car back, and they don't sent a factory
tech out, and they don't take customer calls. Their DEALERS fix the
problem and off you go. That is just what Malibu is doing. The DEALER
is supposed to fix the problem. Again, as you stated, your dealer is no
longer going to be a M dealer. There is a good reason for this, as he
has not fixed your boat as he should have.

I wish I had seen the info on
this before buying... I would not have chosen "M". I sincerely hope I

can
help one other consumer, then my efforts will have been worthwhile.

Maybe I
missed the information or maybe is was between flare-ups when I

bought.
Either way, let's let everone who will listen know about it. Maybe

"M"
would put a little note about it in their brochure since "everyone

will
understand".

There is no reason in the world to not buy a Malibu boat. All of the
big 3, CC, MC, and M make good boats. You will never go wrong buying
any of them. Each of us that has bought their products had his or her
own reasons for buying that product.

BTY, you have never stated what happened when youtook your boat to the
dealer. What did or didn't he do? From your vague statements, this
sure sounds a lot like a dealer screw up of a repair, but you haven't
told us anything about that in between your rants about Malibu.