posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Meindert Sprang Meindert Sprang is offline

Default Thinning Epoxy

"James" wrote in message
A while back someone mentioned that you could thin epoxy with acetone.
I need to pour some into some cracks.I'm using System 3 epoxy. Thanks,

Thinning epoxy is bad practice, since it results in more porous epoxy when
cured. A better method is to warm the surface and epoxy separately, then
take away the heat source and pour the warm and thin epoxy on the warmed
surface. If there's any air left in the crack, it will suck in the epoxy
when cooling down and shrinking.

Meindert