Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Raster charts now free

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:58:45 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Actually, you're agreeing with my friend. I'm still using paper myself
although with the GPS as an adjunct.

Olde school, very olde.

If you sail in one general area that you come to know, love and have
all of the paper charts for, it's not so bad. I sailed like that on
Long Island Sound and points east for many years.

These days however when we are cruising thousands of miles per year,
to many different areas, the idea of navigating only it with paper
charts would be daunting indeed. I carry chart books for backup but
most of them never get opened.