Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default Picking a sailing course - what to look for?

In article om,
Nikita wrote:

Jere Lull wrote:

When I saw that she was a dinghy sailor, though casual, my first
thought was that she is likely as good a *sailor* as most "big" boat
owners. With such a conservative self-evaluation, she probably only
needs a little time on an inboard.

Just for the record, I'm a "he". I get this a lot on the newsgroups;
damn that "La femme Nikita" movie.

Yeah, I'm not worried too much about the sailing aspect of it. I feel
fairly confident with sail and boat control, terminology and all that
sort of stuff. The stuff that's new to me would be trimming sails
with winches (right?) rather than by hand, anchoring, operating with an
engine, and probably docking (because you can't make up for your
mistakes by simply grabbing on to the dock and stopping the boat). Oh
and navigation; when racing around the buoys on a lake there's no need
for charts.

For sure BVI is a great place to sail... especially for relative
beginners on bigger boats..

I wonder if there's a sailing school down there....

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com