posted to rec.boats.building
Richard van den Berg Richard van den Berg is offline

Default Boat Engines

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:26:21 +0100 Heidi&Luc
) wrote:
Have a look at www.abato.nl,
a Dutch company that imports Chinese made Deutz 226B marine diesel engines.
Weichai Deutz Engineering co, joint venture.
Deutz moved the production line of the 226B diesels to China, a few years
back.
Quality control is still executed by German engineers, in the Weichai plant
in China, so they say.
Text on this website is in Dutch, but you can find some interesting links.
75 hp model costs 4300 euro, excl. VAT.(without gearbox).
Pricing is more than OK, I think, but about reliability I haven't heard
anything yet, it's too soon for that.
If I ever need a diesel, I think I'll go for it.
Beats a truck engine marinised by an amateur!

There are english datasheets available.

Before 1985 it was a MWM engine, Deutz bought MWM in 1985:
http://www.deutz.nl/historie/1980-2000.htm and Fendt also used these
engine types - D2xx range:
http://www.fendt-freunde.de/datenbank/fs_dat1.htm

Compare these pictures:
http://www.abato.nl/motoren/images/w...z/_BHF0191.jpg
and http://www/cgi-bin/foto/436/50.jpg
I dont't have a picture from exact the same angle, more pictures at
http://www/cgi-bin/cath_pub?5

--
Richard
e-mail: vervang/replace invalid door/with NL.net