posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default Solara AG Solar Panel Warranty Woes

Wayne.B wrote in
:

While we are on the subject, does anyone have a solar panel
vendor/supplier that they *do* recommend?

Found a great website:
http://www.pvresources.com/en/pages.php
excellent information.....and photos!

Lionheart's old burned panel is an Arco. Even cooked, it makes the 6A
blocking diode too hot to touch on a nice day...(c;

Each cell's active area is burned brown where the intense current
overheated it....and it still charges, on and on...

There's something to be said for that. I have no idea how old it is or
whether it was used to begin with. It was on the boat.

Larry