Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Boat for single hander

In article . com,
"Terry K" wrote:

My short bilge keel setup seems to have a mind of it's own, the rudder
is overbalanced in all conditions, she veers as soon as you let go.

Perhaps I should shave the leading edge of the rudder, or stick on a
tail?

That would make it worse. Our original rudder was *very* heavy and gave
me a good work out in even moderate conditions. I built a new thinner
one, with the leading edge about 20% ahead of the pintles and now have a
very light helm.

Re-reading: If she veers when you're close hauled, you probably have
the main sheeted in too hard. Ease out until the efforts are balanced
out. Even our Xan, who has basically zero directional stability, will
hold close hauled on her own for a while.

--
Jere Lull