steve201 steve201 is offline

Default Low Pressure "Bomb" coming ashore in the Pacific NW

man..it’s been about 2 months since I’ve been on my boat in the Puget
sound....I’m going thru boat withdrawls....someone asked if we’ve ever
had a himicane this far north.....first off..not possible....himicanes
would start out in japan and have to follow the pacific current that
takes it up past alaska, down canada, and finally down into the
US....by then it would have frozen it’s little hmm hmms off....so...we
just get those danged arctic storms that comes down from canada
....with the warm currents from hawaii...we usually get these firehose
affects storms...even the protected waters of the sound can get ugly
as hell.......I NEED MY BOAT FIX!!!!!......
8O

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 13 Dec 2006 11:56:52 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

Some forecasters are predicting winds along the coastline

will hit 100
mph, (80-some knots), with seas up to 30-feet. That's up

there in the
hurricane-force category, if I'm not mistaken.

"Auntie Em!"

Supposed to be calmed down by the weekend. I hope so, I'm

ready for a
couple of days away from the dock. If it's blowing hard

enough to raise
30-foot seas in the ocean, even in the relatively sheltered

waters of
Puget Sound conditions will be impossible/impassible.

I blame Global Warming.

Or Canada...

I understand that Canada is responsible for Global Warming,
hence they
are responsible for both.