Default Low Pressure "Bomb" coming ashore in the Pacific NW

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ups.com...
Some forecasters are predicting winds along the coastline will hit 100
mph, (80-some knots), with seas up to 30-feet. That's up there in the
hurricane-force category, if I'm not mistaken.

"Auntie Em!"

Supposed to be calmed down by the weekend. I hope so, I'm ready for a
couple of days away from the dock. If it's blowing hard enough to raise
30-foot seas in the ocean, even in the relatively sheltered waters of
Puget Sound conditions will be impossible/impassible.

Sustained winds (not gusts) of 74 mph defines hurricane force.
100 mph sustained would make it equal to a minimum Cat 2.

I am curious. Has any Pacific hurricanes ever tracked up the coast as
far as you are and hit land?

Eisboch

"Have" not "Has" (duh)

Mr. President - is that you?!?