posted to alt.sailing
D Parker D Parker is offline

Default repair on sailboat mast

as the other guys said.. remove it and take it to a metal fabricator to
repair or replace. Then replace with the new one. Remembering lots of
silicone sealant through the deck bolts to prevent leaks. Also check the
base of the mast for damage too. One small crack could lead to disaster.

DP
"
m wrote in message
r.com...

does anyone have information on getting parts to repair the base of the
mast where it hinges to fold down, on a 25ft HELM sailboat. The mast is
30ft tall and the hinge point is broken where the hinge bolt goes
through. It is for my brother in Florida, Yep....... he dropped it
while taking it down. I don't know much about sail boats and am trying
to help him out.