b393capt b393capt is offline

Default light question ... yard solar for anchor light

Dave,

I am not concerned in the context that:

Mooring: People have lots of other lights on at deck level, and then of
course you have all the boats that have on no lights at all. Each
additional light helps avoid a collision.

Anchoring: People have lots of other lights on at deck level. Yes, it's
helpful (almost) everyone has an anchor light on, but for the most part
it can only help to have additional lighting of any type at deck level
to avoid collisions. I would disagree, short of seeing red/green
navigation lights first, that other boaters are carefully evaluating
the white lights from the boats they are approaching in such a way that
an additional white light will cause them to make an error that would
result in a collision.

Underway: Yes, additional white lights can cause confusion. But there
is nothing saying you have to have the rest of your vessel dark while
underway.

Make sense?
Dan

Dave wrote:
On 13 Dec 2006 12:27:05 -0800, "b393capt"
said:

I would not be concerned that multiple white
lights are misinterpreted

Because......?