posted to rec.boats.building
Heidi&Luc Heidi&Luc is offline

Default Boat Engines

Have a look at www.abato.nl,
a Dutch company that imports Chinese made Deutz 226B marine diesel engines.
Weichai Deutz Engineering co, joint venture.
Deutz moved the production line of the 226B diesels to China, a few years
back.
Quality control is still executed by German engineers, in the Weichai plant
in China, so they say.
Text on this website is in Dutch, but you can find some interesting links.
75 hp model costs 4300 euro, excl. VAT.(without gearbox).
Pricing is more than OK, I think, but about reliability I haven't heard
anything yet, it's too soon for that.
If I ever need a diesel, I think I'll go for it.
Beats a truck engine marinised by an amateur!

Bye,

Luk
"Steve Morrisby" schreef in bericht
Hi there

I have been looking at the UK market for a 75HP marine inboard engine.

Those
that look good are products from Volvo, Betamarine and Lombardini, but

what
a price!. I struggle with the fact that my new car cost less than one of
these and that got me to thinking if I could do it myself.

What are the pitfalls in "marineising" a good used truck engine, are
aftermarket kits sold and what about marrying the gearbox to the engine

bell
housing.

I seem to recall reading a thread on this subject some years back, but at
the time I was not too interested. Now of course I cannot find threads

going
that far back.

TIA

Steve