Don White Don White is offline

Default Accident on the water

Roger Long wrote:
Jack Dale wrote:

I use my anchor light when I am on a mooring ball. I will now
continue to do so.

Good idea. But, in a case like this, doing so will probably just make
things a little easier for you after. You had a light, you're
blameless. Somebody going fast enough to cause an accident like this in
visibility where they couldn't see a boat the size of the one struck
probably isn't going to see a light either.

I'm sure the blood alcohol level will get published at some point. It
would be interesting to see. Either that or it's a example of why
kissing at high speed is a bad idea. No excuse for hitting a stationary
object that big at night.

Maybe a Phalanx system set to automatically engage anything approaching
at over 10 knots would be the answer.