posted to rec.boats.electronics
Hugo Jacobs Hugo Jacobs is offline

Default Anchor Winch stop/start/not reverse

As you sead already ,the problem lies in the relay .Mostly bad contact cosed
by oxidation of the contacts .If you can open the relay and clean the
contacts with grid paper + later on cover with oxidation protector the
problem should be solved .

"MEC" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
Before I call in the marine electrician does any one have some
thoughts on following?
Haven't used anchor winch for 12 months but occassionally ran it for
a few seconds back and forth without problems. Took the boat out 2
weeks ago and anchor winch just clicked (relay?) when I tried to run
it. Llater found that the line to the mooring buoy I was on was
tensioned across the top of the winch. Relocated line and winch worked
ok. i.e ran for a second to secure in roller.

Last trip found that winch wouldn't work at all just clicked away.
Checked voltage and quick check of contacts. Since have found that
winch will sometimes run for a second or two but only in retrieve
direction. The release button for some reason now also runs the winch
in retrieve direction.

Any suggestions on course for troubleshooting?

Thanks