posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag Seahag is offline

Default Pea Soup

We keep a 50 lb. sack of throwing potatos on deck. When one
goes, THUNK, you turn.

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's that time of year here. The fog was thick as pea soup
last night.

Should be the same tonight, and many many nights until
Febuary or so.

Nothing like sailing in thick fog, most times the wind is
light, it's
and erie feeling of flying out on the pulpit when you can
not see the
water. I can understand why blind people love sailing.

Here it's pretty easy to know what direction you are
sailing on the
lake and how close you are to shore. I call it sailing by
glow & smell
o vision...no compass needed.

Anyone else here enjoy the challenge and magic of sailing
in Pea Soup?

Joe