Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default Re-power question ,, as to engine etc

Boat shows are good for maybe 7 to 10% discount. If you want to save some
big bucks find an industrial dealer for the brand you are interested in.
The lowest price I found for my Yanmar 4JH4 from all the "marine" repowering
companies authorized to sell in Georgia was $12,100 plus "delivery costs" of
$450 and shipping. At the Miami boat show the dealer wanted 11,200 plus
delivery costs of $400 and shipping. Accidentally working from an
industrial dealer list on the Yanmar site I contacted W.W.Williams in
Atlanta. They sell industrial tractor and stationary engines but through
their Savannah office ordered me one for $9,500 and took AMEX so I got 9500
frequent flyer points as a bonus.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
I may, or may not repower my boat. But, if I was to, where would one start
in a search for a new small diesel to repower a sailboat?

Is there a trick to finding a deal? Boat shows? I seem to remember
someone here mentioning boat show specials.

I am going to keep my eyes open for a small ( 16-20 hp ) diesel . If I
see a good deal, snatch it up. Then take my time putting in in after
taking out the old.

But, where to keep those eyes looking .. that is the question.