posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Real life danger...

"krj" wrote in message
.. .
Capt. JG wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

After reading days of posts about singlehandling and monster
waves.....most probably imagined after one too many drinks in a
comfy Lazy-Boy...
here's a reminder that real life dangers do exist..
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...ip-search.html

That's it. Aren't there EPIRBS that attach to life vests? I'm buying
one before the boat hits the water this spring.
At this point I believe they are too big and expensive.
I carry a VHF handheld on my person while sailing.
Too bad someone can't design a minature EPIRB that could pin to your
PFD similar to the little strobe lights.

This one's tiny.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/61792/0/0/epirb/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0
That might be the ticket.

It's only 121.5 MHz, and that satellite monitor freq. is going away in
2009.

But this one is 406 with GPS
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...oductId=136072

Yeah, and it's only 5x the price. :-)