posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Real life danger...

Gene Kearns wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:44:48 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
After reading days of posts about singlehandling and monster
waves.....most probably imagined after one too many drinks in a comfy
Lazy-Boy...
here's a reminder that real life dangers do exist..
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...ip-search.html

That's it. Aren't there EPIRBS that attach to life vests? I'm buying one
before the boat hits the water this spring.

Hopefully, ever bearing in mind that the 121.5 MHz units will be
illegal for use in about 20 days.....
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-o/g-opr/OnScene/OSFall06.pdf

Yeah, but that was just an example of a small one. I figured you knew that.