posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
mr.b mr.b is offline

Default Real life danger...

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:17:46 +0000, Don White wrote:

When it gets the least bit rough... even within sight of land, I wear my
PFD with VHF, GPS, signal whistle and mirror reflecting device all
attached by lanyards.
If I'm going in...I plan on making a lot of noise. If anyone's within 4
miles or so, at least they'll save my body from the fishes.

I hear you. My wife and I wear Mustang auto-inflators at all times when
underway. Though an immersion suit would probably be more prudent at
most times in Georgian Bay. That water never seems to heat up in the
summer. And as to rough, the "aft deck" i.e., cockpit of
our boat looks like a friggin plank compared to the weather deck of the
Picton Castle!