posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
krj krj is offline

Default Real life danger...

Don White wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

After reading days of posts about singlehandling and monster
waves.....most probably imagined after one too many drinks in a comfy
Lazy-Boy...
here's a reminder that real life dangers do exist..
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...ip-search.html

That's it. Aren't there EPIRBS that attach to life vests? I'm buying
one before the boat hits the water this spring.

At this point I believe they are too big and expensive.
I carry a VHF handheld on my person while sailing.
Too bad someone can't design a minature EPIRB that could pin to your PFD
similar to the little strobe lights.

There are small personal EPIRBs that can bee attached to the PFD. It's
called a PLB, personal Locator Beacon. 5.7" x 3.03" x 1.74" 12 oz. $650
krj